|Website start date (on-line):||September 15, 2006|
|The website was last updated on:||December 21, 2014|
|The number of single ships listed is currently:||260,681|
|The number of searchable index entries is currently:||592,474|
|New buildings are presently listed to:||September 30, 2014|
NOTICES. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all subscribers and thank you all for your continued support this past year. The next website upgrade will be on 4 January 2015, and will include newbuildings for October and November 2014.
WELCOME TO THE MIRAMAR SHIP INDEX, the most comprehensive index to ships and their histories, covering iron & steel sailing ships, powered merchant ships (over 100grt) and warships, since the early 19th century. The Index is privately operated and funded entirely by members' subscriptions.
WEEKLY UPDATES. All data tables are updated weekly.
ACCESS to the website beyond the 7-day free trial period costs 20 US dollars for 12 months subscription. The decision to subscribe beyond the trial period always remains with the customer.
CONTACT for Miramar by email is to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO REGISTER FOR THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD
- Leave the email and password fields blank and click the link (bottom line) in the upper left panel.
- On the registration page fill out your data. Your username is your valid e-mail address. Select your own password. Type the two words you see in the CAPTCHA field in the space provided.
- Miramar will send you an automated email message to confirm your username. Click the linked text in this email and you will return to the website. You are now registered for the 7-day free trial. Sometimes the automated email is diverted by your spam filter (particularly for gmail users) so you may have to search for it. If the email does not arrive at all, contact Miramar.
- Log in, then click the "Subscribe" link in the "Welcome" box to the upper right on the page. If the 7-day period expires without subscription, you will get an error message when you try to logon - click the text and you will be taken to the "Payment" page.
- In the payment screen, click the top box to pay US$20. You may need your credit card on hand. Follow the link to the secure Paypal page. Miramar has no access to your credit card.
- Paypal will issue a printable receipt for your payment, which will be charged to your credit card in your local currency. You are now an approved subscriber for a period of 12 months
- If you do not possess a credit card, contact Miramar in the first instance for alternative payment methods. Credit card payments can be put through manually by Miramar.
- Renewal payments take effect from either the date of payment or the renewal due date, whichever is the later of the two.
TO SUBSCRIBE OR TO RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
HOW TO BUY A DISK - REMEMBER TO SUPPLY YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS FOR DELIVERY
- Go to the Purchase screen and click the disk offer you wish to purchase - there are four choices. Disk prices do not include the price of website subscription.
- Alternatively, go to the DiskSales page, print out the PDF form (the link is on the bottom line), enter your credit card detail and send the form to MIRAMAR in the post.
- It is necessary if you purchase your disk through Paypal, to email MSI (click "Contact Us") and advise your postal address for delivery of the disk, as Paypal does not advise MSI of that detail.
- Disk delivery is now by airmail parcel post - the postal service has recently revised their rules and mail cost has risen some 150%. This will continue to be absorbed by Miramar, at least for the near future.
- Delivery by international courier is available - and even necessary for some destinations, e.g. China - but is subject to a courier charge (contact MSI for details)
- Telegraphic transfer to MSI bank account is acceptable for either subscription or disk purchases. Payment should be to account: Miramar Ship Index, Bank of New Zealand, Kilbirnie, Wellington NZ, account number 02-0520-0106677-00. The Swift number is BKNZNZ22, the clearing code is NZ020520. The IBAN used by European banks is not used in New Zealand. New Zealand subscribers can direct credit (NZ#25 for annual subscription), just add your name to the payment.