|Website start date (on-line):||September 15, 2006|
|The website was last updated on:||June 28, 2015|
|The number of single ships listed is currently:||263,108|
|The number of searchable index entries is currently:||606,418|
|Newbuildings are presently listed to:||April 30, 2015|
NOTICE - ACCOUNT APPROVALS. Allocation of member subscriptions, and of the 7-day free trial period approval, is carried out manually. This inevitably leads to some delay in the process. It appears the 7-day free trial approval has not been allocated automatically for about two weeks, due to a software error on the server. Those who have tried to get a free trial since mid-June have been approved manually until 10 July. Until further notice approvals will be actiond during the day, in the evening and in the next morning (NZ time). Please accept my apologies for delays.
NOTICE - PROGRAMME OF WORK. This week sees a further 250 ships added, all completed in April 2015. In addition to the usual updates and additions, the process of adding builder's dates to entries for those vessels built post-December 2002 has begun. Since that date, to the present, over 36,000 new ships have been built. Entry of the builder's dates will take some time, probably two years or so - entries for years 2003 and 2014 are underway at present.WELCOME TO THE MIRAMAR SHIP INDEX, the most comprehensive index to ships and their histories, covering iron & steel sailing ships, powered merchant ships (over 100grt) and warships, since the early 19th century. The Index is privately operated and funded entirely by members' subscriptions.
WEEKLY UPDATES. All data tables are updated weekly.
ACCESS to the website beyond the 7-day free trial period costs 20 US dollars for 12 months subscription. The decision to subscribe beyond the trial period always remains with the customer.
CONTACT for Miramar by email is to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
TO REGISTER FOR THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD
- Leave the email and password fields blank and click the link (bottom line) in the upper left panel.
- On the registration page fill out your data. Your username is your valid e-mail address. Select your own password. Type the two words you see in the CAPTCHA field in the space provided.
- Miramar will send you an automated email message to confirm your username. Click the linked text in this email and you will return to the website. You are now registered for the 7-day free trial. Sometimes the automated email is diverted by your spam filter (particularly for gmail users) so you may have to search for it. If the email does not arrive at all, contact Miramar.
- Log in, then click the "Subscribe" link in the "Welcome" box to the upper right on the page. If the 7-day period expires without subscription, you will get an error message when you try to logon - click the end of the error text and you will be taken to the "Payment" page.
- Follow the link to the Paypal screen.You may need your credit card on hand - you do not need a Paypal account to pay by credit card. Miramar has no access to your credit card detail.
- Paypal will issue a printable receipt for your payment, which will be charged to your credit card in your local currency. You are now an approved subscriber for a period of 12 months
- If you do not possess a credit card, contact Miramar in the first instance for alternative payment methods. Credit card payments can be put through manually by Miramar - send the format by printing out the form in the Disksales Page.
- Renewal payments take effect from either the date of payment or the renewal due date, whichever is the later of the two.
TO SUBSCRIBE OR TO RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
HOW TO BUY A DISK - REMEMBER TO SUPPLY YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS FOR DELIVERY
- Go to the Purchase screen and click the disk offer you wish to purchase - there are four choices. Disk prices do not include the price of website subscription.
- Alternatively, go to the DiskSales page, print out the PDF form (the link is on the bottom line), enter your credit card detail and send the form to MIRAMAR in the post.
- It is necessary if you purchase your disk through Paypal, to email MSI (click "Contact Us") and advise your postal address for delivery of the disk, as Paypal does not advise MSI of that detail.
- Disk delivery is by airmail parcel post.
- Delivery by international courier is available - and even necessary for some destinations, e.g. China - but is subject to a courier charge (contact MSI for details)
- Telegraphic transfer through your bank, to MSI bank account is acceptable for either subscription or disk purchases. Payment should be to account: Miramar Ship Index, Bank of New Zealand, Kilbirnie, Wellington NZ, account number 02-0520-0106677-00. The Swift number is BKNZNZ22, the clearing code is NZ020520. The IBAN used by European banks is not used in New Zealand. New Zealand subscribers can direct credit (NZ#25 for annual subscription), just add your name to the payment.